Monday, March 22, 2010

"Oh my God! This is outrageous!"


I loved doing tastings at stores and events. It's great to share the Flaxette with people who've never tried it, and to hear their reactions. I especially love what children say when they taste the Flaxette.

Yesterday, a boy of 12 tasted a slice of the Flaxette and exclaimed, "Oh my God! This is outrageous!" He turned to his sister. "Let's tell Mom."

At the recent Food for Haiti event in Westport, CT, a ten-year-old boy, tore into the loaf his mother bought him like it was was a burrito. He returned to Fairfield Bread Company's booth about five minutes later. "Can we buy you out?" he asked. (Was this a phrase he'd heard his father use?) "Sure," we said, and his mother placed 8 loaves in her tote bag. Luckily, we were able to replenish our basket.

Yesterday, at Palmer's Market in Darien, a more judicious 5 year old boy, urged his mother, who had picked up the Flaxette, to buy an extra loaf. She did.

Our young friend Leila is also a fan of the Flaxette, which she calls "Michael's Bread." She knows what side her bread is buttered on. "May I please have another piece of Michael's bread," ususally works wonders on her parents.

What do your kids say about the Flaxette? We'd love to hear.

3 comments:

  1. HI! We did an interview with you on Saturday for Hungry For Living TV at The Fairfield Farmers Market! I love the bread! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve brought home a loaf of Flaxette.... I don't think I can ever eat another kind of bread again! Amazing. The best. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michael-
    I'm a bread-lover, baker, and committed floral foodie! How's that for a self-title? Ha! I've tried to figure out how to find a website or contact information- but it appears a blog comment will do. I am very interested in learning about your company and the magic that goes on behind the scenes! I would love to speak with you more about an apprenticeship -in the event that you have interest or a need for a few extra hands- I'd love to volunteer my time and passion! I look forward to hearing from you :)

    Hopekrause@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete