Thursday, March 18, 2010

Breakfast of Bakers


After I've baked the bread and made my deliveries, it's 9 a.m. and I'm ready for a break. I make a pit stop at home, put a fresh-baked loaf of Flaxette on the cutting board, and bring out the jam.

Lately, before I put a spoon in the jam jar, I spread a slice of Flaxette with Cabot Creamery of Cabot, Vermont's European-style (high fat) unsalted butter. Damn creamy, and the extra calories keep me going.

Then I dip into my selection of homemade, home-picked jams. I've desimated the organic peach with lavender, and now I'm digging into the green tomato with cardomon. I'll let you know what's next.
I'm off to the bakery. What are you putting on the Flaxette?

2 comments:

  1. Lately, I've been sprinkling it with balsamic then adding fresh basil, arugula, tomatoes and mozarella from Sherwood Farm. Yum!

    Headed to Sport Hill Farm now to buy some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered this bread at the Westport Whole Foods yesterday. The family LOVES it! Great to know there is a local bread producer; we promise to support you. Will you make any other types of breads? Will you add to your blog??

    ReplyDelete